Tips and Tools
Tips and and house-hunting survival tools to protect yourself against scammers and housing fraud.
Our own online Tools:
- Scam Scanner: Copy and paste the text of a facebook housing advertisement to scan for scam signatures. (FREE SafeHouseHunting Tool)
- FB profile URL blacklist check (coming soon – FREE SafeHouseHunting Tool)
- Whatsapp blacklist check (coming soon – FREE SafeHouseHunting Tool)
- Postal code/house number Rental OK check (coming soon – FREE SafeHouseHunting Tool)
Useful online research tools from other sites:
- Dutch Chamber of Commerce lookup (Free for simple online lookups) Request a full extract for a particular Dutch company number used to be free via a discontinued app but they still accept manual requests that will be send in 5 working days to your email.
- Dutch Kadaster legal property owner lookup (costs 2,80 per address)
- IBAN bank account country lookup tool (Free iban.com site)
- Wage Tax calculator brutto/netto https://thetax.nl
- Dutch Health Insurance mandatory if you are legally employed in the Netherlands. Anderzorg.nl (Dutch site) have a relatively good priced basic insurance that includes treatment in most hospitals in The Netherlands. Which can be handy if you are going to have to move often from city to city. Cheaper insurance packages might not include treatment in a hospital near your home.